Saturday, July 29, 2006

I love it when the Big Red Fuzzy Mites come out. This fellow was nearly a centimeter long, found at Desert Station.


We went for another walk this evening in Saguaro Park East. There has been so much rain in the last few days. Even though it was clear, we could see big storms moving across the horizon.

We had no flashlight for our walk back to the car, so we enjoyed the dark and listened to the owls. We were mindful of rattlesnakes, especially since I found a nice big fat one yesterday.

The road back was covered in toads, most of whom we hopefully missed. It was also covered in debris, sand, water, and medium-sized rocks in low places where flash floods had passed over it. A troupe of javelina crossed in front of us, with babies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam in Tucson said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog and that you decided to create this one. Your photos are fantastic! I've never seen a mite like that - where do they hang out? I'm always looking for local blogs and also local photographers to learn from, since I'm very new at all this. So I was looking forward to your continuing your blog, but you say you're going to Japan next Monday. I hope you'll continue blogging from there and from wherever else you go. Have a great trip! Cheers!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jetti said...

Nice pictures, nice stories.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home