Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well, since I had to sign up for this to comment on Jessie's blog, why not post something? Here's an entry.
I went out blacklighting for moths with the lab last night, and stayed out until 2 AM. When I wasn't catching hawkmoths I had a great time trying to track ants back to their colonies. My new method: mix fluorescent powder with cookie crumbs, and place a pile on the cacti. Then come back in half an hour with a hand-held blacklight and follow the trail of glowing yellow cookie crumbs as it moves to the nest. Tremendous fun, and an added benefit is that I can easily find lots of cool scorpions at the same time (their bodies glow under UV).
While I was out there, we had typical Arizona monsoon weather. These are a few of the photographs I took.













It is always startling to come across a cow while walking in the dark.



This is why I love living here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

SO PRETTY

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

SO PRETTY

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home